“Come with me – I will open your eyes to the warp.”– Sylar Hexscorn
We’re right at the start of the month, and the factions of Warhammer 40,000: Warpforge have finally taken their first steps on battlefields all across the Galaxy! After studying the latest data, it was clear that some of the cards didn’t quite hit the spot, and others were promoting frustrating play patterns.
The upcoming update will bring a balance update focused on bumping up several underplayed cards, while reigning in the more frustrating strategies. Several Offence cards have also been redesigned, with new effects that triggers when a player earns a Skull in battle (by bringing the enemy warlord below 20 health, and later below 10).
Take a look at the full list of changes below:
- Primaris Impulsor: Ranged attack lowered from 4 to 3.
- Captain Sicarius: Now has a passive: ‘Has Invulnerable during your turn’.
- Greatest Deeds: Cost reduced from 3 to 2 and change description to: ‘Ephemeral. Give Vanguard and heal 5 to a friendly troop’.
- Armoured Support: Description changed to: ‘Choose an Ultramarines Vehicle and put it in your hand. It costs 1 less’ (instead of 2 less).
- Angels of Death: Increase cost from 6 to 7.
- Avenging Zeal: Description changed to: ‘Give +2 Melee and +2 Ranged Attack to all your units in play and in hand’ (instead of just in play).
- Thunderstorm (Offence): Change description to ‘When a player earns a Skull, their opponent gains 1 Energy’
- Technomancer: No longer has Remnant trait.
- Psychomancer: Lower Health from 5 to 4.
- Vargard Obyron: Increase Ranged attack from 3 to 5.
- Particle Whip: Lower cost from 8 to 6.
- Curse of the Phaeron: Description changed to: ‘Give Vulnerable 3 to all enemy troops’ (instead of Vulnerable 4).
- Earthquake (Offence): Change description to ‘When a player earns a Skull, Stun one random troop from each player’.
- Solar Storm (Offence): Change description to ‘At the end of each player’s turn, if they have unspent energy, deal 1 damage to a random enemy’.
- Infernal Gaze: Description changed to: ‘Ephemeral. Deal 2-3 damage to a random enemy’ (instead of 1-3).
- Diabolic Strength: Description changed to: ‘Ephemeral. Give +1 Melee Attack this turn and heal 1 to all friendly units’ (instead of just +1 Melee).
- Maulerfiend: Increase Ranged attack from 3 to 5.
- Iskandar Khayon: Description changed to: ‘Artifice: Create a random Black Legion Stratagem in your hand. It costs 1 less’.
- Hellfire Outburst (Offence): Change description to ‘When a player earns a Skull, deal 4 damage to one random unit from each player’.
- Cosmic Serpent: Lower cost from 4 to 3.
These changes will arrive to the game tomorrow, as part of update v1.4. Check your decks, up your strategy and fight to the last drop of blood! Good luck on the battlefield.